Tuesday 14 January 2014

New Pony! ( + hacking adventures)

We got a new pony! I'm a bit late blogging about this, but on Saturday me and Emma went to collect our new pony Ron Weasley from the RSPCA :) He's a rising 2 year old, currently standing at 11.2hh, obviously ginger and a Welsh Section B. He's a lovely little pony, can already see so much potential in him- he moves better than all three of the others put together which is embarrassing for them haha, better get practicing your moves guys ;) Going to be such a little cracker when he's older!


With the field being boggy and wet at the minute, we're just hacking ever which is super for getting all the boys fit and teaching them important life lessons. Yesterday it was the twins (Sunny & Dusty) turn to go hacking. They were both fab to tack up and then hacked lovely along what was a new route for both of them, taking it in turn to lead and walking down lots of hills (which is a huge challenge if you're 4 or 5 just FYI.) Dusty did have one moment where I let Sunny go in front and then kept making him stand still and wait by himself; he really struggles standing still and gets very impatient and just generally throws himself about all the over the place whether that by up in the air or on the floor, so it's something I really need to work on. He was still very naughty and stroppy, but until he gets to the point where he scares me I'm willing to put up with him; he's definitely getting better each time I hack him out so hopefully we'll crack it one day :) Had a lovely canter with them both side by side, so happy that he comes back to me so well in a mahoosive field! Oh, and did I mention, all of this happened in onesies? Why not eh.
Then today it was the turn of the littler two; riding Sparkie and Ron in hand obviously! They were also both really fab, it was a really lovely hack, which is a sentence I never imagined coming out of my mouth lol, as I've always swore I hated hacking! Hopefully lots more days like today to come!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment