Monday 8 September 2014

Amazing weekend!

So ponies were on form this weekend! On Saturday Sparkie went off eventing... we only did the 60cm class to use it as a confidence building class; well that definitely worked, in hindsight I wish I'd do the next class up but that's for next time! He was a little bit distracted in his dressage, but still did a relatively nice test for 32. Our dressage still has a long, long way to go, but this is an improvement from last time and all the judge's comments on things I already know we need to work on, so hopefully we can just keep on working away that. He then went on to do a lovely double clear to finish 6th!.. even though I had to rush back home because I'd forgotten my xc outfit, oops! He found the showjumping far too easy (He really does take the vernacular over smaller fences, cheeky monkey!) and then xc he was just fantastic, he flew round! He was so quick but still in control, he really does love xc and he just feels so great to ride. What a star! Also found out the next day that he has won the overall champion for the Novice Pony class at Stafford Show this year, eeeh! This makes me stupidly happy because and I quote, a year ago I was saying (and I quote dircectly from a blog from last December!)
    'To be honest, I don't really have any plans for Sparkie's future because he's such an awkward schizophrenic child there's no point me planning ahead because he could go back to square one in a matter of days. As long as he's happy and as healthy as his stupid immune system will allow him to be, then we'll just tootle along and try to have fun. I'd like to take him to a few outings here and there such as shows and xc just to keep him ticking over and if he ever gets back to being as good a competition pony as he was that would be brilliant, but I'm not counting on that' 

So for him to come back and pull that off is great! I honestly cannot fault him this year, I have genuinely only had one ride on him this year when I have not been completely happy with how he went and even then, looking back he still jumped really nicely that day. He is given me 100% this year and I really hope he goes on to be just as fantastic next year!





Sunday was Jack's turn. The day didn't get off to a great start when he had a tantrum over going on the trailer, but he most definitely redeemed himself throughout the rest of the day. He was such a grown up boy, I definitely was not expecting him to be as chilled out as he was! His behaviour at the 4 other shows he has been to in the past has been less than ideal with many tantrums and throwing his feet around but we had none of that, he was the perfect gentleman all day and just took everything in his stride; I really do love his attitude to life! We got a clear in the clear round (after chrashing through the first fence on our first attempt due to his saddle ending up on his neck; honest baby for still giving it a go haha!) and then a 2nd in the 2ft3 with 4 faults and a 6th in the 2ft6 with 8 faults. The poles were all due to green baby moments as he gets a little bit unbalanced in between fences so sometimes gets in too deep, but it's all stuff that will come with time and a bit of fine tuning. I was very very pleased with him, he's a trier that's for sure! With a few more runs under his belt he'll be well away hopefully! He also loaded relatively well to come home so that was a bonus. Time to get cracking; I can't wait to get them both out together next year!








No comments:

Post a Comment