Sunday 4 January 2015

Things that would be quite nice

I have always been a little bit rubbish at setting goals as I tend to be very strict with myself about them and put too much pressure on myself so this year I'm not going to set specific goals and instead write a list of things that 'would be nice'. So, if these happen, it's a bonus but if not, that's okay too!    

*BE80 with Sparkie; this is probably my biggest 'goal' for the year, with the plan being to have a go in July. I'm not planning to get a perfect dressage score or a double clear but we'll just have our best crack at and see what happens.     




 *flatwork, flatwork, flatwork. I'm a little bit rubbish at schooling and I let the ponies down big time in that area so I really need to crack down on this! As soon as the weather picks up I plan to pessoa and long rein them whenever I can and maybe (this is a big maybe!) if I'm feeling brave I may have a few lessons! I want them both to work consistently in at least one pace by the end of the year however this may be a little too optimistic.             




*Take Jack eventing; even if it's just round a 60cm class, I want to see what he makes of this and maybe he could turn into a little eventing horse!?                              




*Qualify and go to MIDARC; I qualified with sparks last year but decided against going as I wasn't 100% sure if he was ready to compete to that level again yet. This year it would be super nice to qualify both of them and book a stable and take them both, a bit of an ambitious plan but maybe we could pull it off?        
*Teach Ron to be a real pony; the plan is to have him going forward in walk, trot and canter and hacking out by the end of the summer and maybe to have even popped a small fence? Doesn't have to be anything pretty, just understanding the aids and moving forwards well under saddle as well as obviously doing all the groundwork that comes with it. Also would like to work on getting him loading and out and about to see the world a bit and just general more doing more growned up things (ie, not high fiving me when he has a bath)    




  *Get my confidence back 100% on Sunny; I feel like I'm about 75% of the way there at the moment but I'd like to get more confidence cantering and jumping him again and to deal with his 'moments'. I also want to get photographic evidence that I rode him out at a place!


*If I man up and get some balls, I want to take Jack hunting because I feel like he would absolutely LOVE it! Also want to find the time to take Sparkie to at least one fun ride because he thinks they are the best thing that ever did happen to him. 


*To take Sparkie to the beach, it's an absolute dream of mine so hopefully this year we can make it happen!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment