Monday 11 January 2016

Hello 2016!

So it's officially 2016! I am so very glad 2015 is finally over, it was one long ass year and I am very much hoping that 2016 is much more positive. This is the part of the year where I'd usually do a little review of my goals from last year but I'm going to scrap that and start afresh in 2016 as my head was far too muddled and I had absolutely no motivation to do the ponies justice in terms of goals last year. Touch wood, I really want to get everything back on track again this year and get the ponies back up and running as well as we were in 2014! So here are some goals for 2016; if these don't happen it's not the end of the world I'll just roll them over into 2017.

*Compete at least once a month; it's crazy that two years ago I was competing pretty much every weekend whereas last year I hardly went out! I'd love to go back to doing as much as I did a few years ago but money and time is likely to be a bit tighter this year so I just want to try and do as much as I can. I really want to finally get Jack out as much as he deserves this year and get him jumping round the size tracks he should be jumping round but this all depends on whether he decides to make friends with the trailer again. 


*Go for a hack at least once a month; again something I definitely didn't do enough of last year! There is nothing more therapeutic than a nice long hack through the countryside and I think it helps to keep everyone a bit more sane and stress levels under control so this is definitely something I need to do more of. Evening hacks as the sun sets are a must for this year. I'd also like to fit in a few full team hacks with all the ponies and at least one trip to go play hacking ponies on the chase. 




 *Pairs hunter trials; now I will be very upset if I don't complete this goal this year! Sparkie and Star, aka Team Rhubarb & Custard make quite the XC team in my opinion and I think they'd love to do a pairs hunter trial together. 


*Improve Jacks groundwork (worming, farrier, vet, clippers etc) 
*Improve both of their flatwork; we all know I hate schooling and flatwork so this is always an ongoing goal for me! Anyone want come school my ponies instead? 
*Have a lesson/ride more ponies; for some reason this year I really want to go back to a riding school and have a couple of lessons here and there because I think you never stop learning and after owning horses and riding your own horses for so long you get too comfortable in your habits and the way you ride so I want to push myself to have a few 
 lessons and ride a few different horses for a change. 
*Do a working hunter class 
*Do a chase me charlie 


No comments:

Post a Comment