Sunday 6 October 2013

Escapee ponies

My mum's horse Carling, who I sometimes write about on here, came in with an abscess early last week and as he's been on box rest him and Barney have moved over to my field. Well yesterday he was looking a bit better and was feeling restless so I let him out into the smaller paddock for a bit of grass and Barney only went and escaped...that's shetlands for you! Jack thought this was the most exciting thing to happen to him ever and his brain pretty much fell out the side of his head, as demonstrated in the following pictures...







Then this morning me and my Dad took Jack for a hack. He was a good boy, a little spooky now and then, but he hasn't hacked for a while and it's still only about his 5th hack so I can't complain :) For some reason I've lost a lot of confidence with him lately, so it was nice to just chill out and have a quiet ride for a change. Really feel like he could be doing better of else where right now, so taking things back to basics and having a few lessons to sort myself out!
Beth, Sparkie, Jack & Carling xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment