Monday 21 October 2013

grown up ponies, jumping and ginger hacks!

well don't I have a lot to write about!? Firstly I'll talk about Wednesday when me and Emma jumped Sparkie. He was such a fab little boy, as per, gahh he's the best! He hadn't jumped in a while but he was really good, not strong or silly :)




 I'm not sure if I mentioned this last time, but Jack is on a sort of bootcamp at the minute which we shall address as 'learning that we are 4 not 1 and sometimes you have to grow up and be a big boy and realise life is not all that hard' basically. This mainly consists of hacking and lunging in my 'home made' pessoa to try and make him all muscly and balanced and just generally not represent an overgrown hairy giraffe foal. He's such a quick learner, which I've always known, but he's really proved himself the last week- this is how we schooled after three lunging sessions:
I lunged him for 5 minutes on each rein before this and then I decided to just bite the bullet and get on him. This was quite a big deal because I have lost a ton of confidence with him recently and wasn't overly keen to ride him, I will happily admit we've had a few tears over the past few weeks! I'm so glad I did though, because he went really lovely for me, he tried SO hard! He obviously didn't school like the whole session, but as soon as I sorted my riding out and concentrated harder on my position, he responded so well and worked lovely- so proud of him! Just got to keep working at it now, but definitely feeling a lot more positive(until the next confidence crisis haha)

Then on Sunday, we were meant to be taking Sparkie out jumping but I got the dates wrong (I'm blonde ok) so instead I took him up to Emma's for a hack! It was all very fun, we had a lovely hack and all the ponies were well behaved, Sparkie was so calm and even lead past a tractor...clever moo moo!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment