Sunday 27 April 2014

Long hacks and scary fillers

First of all I'd like to apologise for the abnormally large pictures on my last post, I was not aware that had happened and I'm not sure how to fix that so apologies! 
 Anyhoo... on Monday we went for a really long hack with Sunny & Sparkie up to the Chase which was super fun. Sparkie hasn't hacked on roads for a good 6 months and he was so well behaved, I was really proud of how he behaved :) Had some fun jumping ditches on the common (Since when did he decide ditches were his thing?) and then a good blast down the bridle path on the way back; that pony certainly can fly!

they're all kinds of adorable the both of them

Sparkie modelling his bridle 
Then yesterday it was back off to Ashwood but this time to hire the jumping arena not the xc and with Sparkie & Sunny in tow this time. Not the best outing I've had with Sparkie this year, he was very spooky of some of the fillers and generally took the vernacular a little bit a few times, I think he forgot who was riding him, you don't get away with these things nowadays Sparkie! The problem we have is that we have very similar personalities and stress each other out very quickly so I just took him in his own little corner to chill and do some transitions for a bit more for my sake than he is and then he jumped lovely after that (apart from one filler he'd took a particular dislike to, odd pony). He definitely realised that he was martingale-less and took advantage of that so I shall be putting that back on him I think. Things could have gone a lot worse though I guess and it was definitely more me than him; whereas before it was his confidence that was the issue, nowadays he is just being a typical 13hher and testing me out! He warmed up beautifully though and jumped really nicely once he'd got his head screwed on so I was happy with him still; can't stay angry at that adorable little Moo for long. Sunny was a good boy and jumped the best I've seen him go away from home, however his back end was just a tad bit too active at times... horses have 4 legs not 2 Sunny dear. 


that's the face of a pony who loves his job!







Blackpool beach time


No comments:

Post a Comment