Tuesday 17 March 2015

Crazy ginger pony; back in business!

Today was a very good day (look at me being all positive, high five me, I rock)! All the ponies, apart from Ronaldo obviously, were worked which is always a sign of a successful day. Sunny was a bit quiet and really didn't seem himself on the lunge although he did learn that he can go over poles and they will not kill him despite what he seems to believe. He then promptly proceeded to show us that actually he did feel fine and dandy after all by making a swift exit into the garden at high speed. Oddly enough he perked up significantly after this little adventure... aaah Sundance. 
  Jack did some schooling over a poles exercise in which I set up a makeshift arena with the help of some poles to work on both straight lines and bending. I warmed him up with the draw reins just as a slight helping hand and he went really nice and then took them off for the rest of the session. Walk and canter he is coming on nicely and is where I'd expect him to be, his trot, as always is most definitely a work in progress still, however there was definitely a slight improvement today, even if it was only the tiniest bit of a difference. I was able to ride him on a loose rein in trot and he did quite a bit of stretching and relaxing through his neck which is a massive deal for him! Still a long, long way to go and I guess for anyone who doesn't know him it doesn't make sense that this would be a big deal, but hey ho, it's a positive small step in the right direction. I just need to learn to ride through my seat and legs rather than hanging onto my reins which I hate that I do on him as I don't seem to do it on any other horse, but at least I know what I need to work on, so we can take the positives from today and move forward from this! He also got a new bridle today, eeeh how exciting! A massive thank you to Emma for lending me the money so he didn't miss out on his shiny new, (v, v tiny, pony size) bridle (yes, that's correct my 15.1hh now owns two pony bridles. Kind of embarrassing really). It was a massive bargain, £60 off the original price and it has quite clearly never been used, it doesn't even look like it's been tried on for size, oh Jack you are a jammy bugger! 
he's a handsome fella 



more of this please!! 


Then to finish off with a had a jump on Sparkie pony who had been waiting, not necessarily patiently, all day to have his turn and had helped me set up poles and jumps for everyone else but him, so when was it going to be his turn please and thank you!!!??? The last time I jumped him at home properly was in December, so it has been a while and I didn't realise just how much we both missed it. He was bloody awesome (he always is). However I am clearly very out of practice at sitting to his crazy strides (notice how I specifically placed ground poles closer to the jump? Yeh Sparkie didn't either). Is he the best thing since sliced bread because I very well think he could be... 



I apologise profusely pony

bloody nutter



we can jump skinnies we can!! little pro!!




No comments:

Post a Comment