Thursday 7 February 2013

Hi February.

Hi guys! Just a quick blog as I felt like I had to share how fabby Mr Sparkline was tonight.. gave him a quick lunge after school, just in his bridle, no side reins or anything fancy as was losing the light, and he was tres bien! Walk, trot, canter both reins, completely on command with no other encouragement, even walk to canter and then back to walk. Doesn't sound like much I know, but just 6 months ago lunging was an impossibility for Sparks. He'd go decently enough on one rein, but as soon as you tried to get him to go the other way.. NU UH, he was having none of it! Spinning round, charging at you, dragging me across the arena... I've done so much lunging with him in side reins etc over winter and it was just so nice today to see how much he'd actually come on and that hard work does actually pay off(sometimes!) Especially made me smile seeing as it's been a bit of a mixed up week... not seeing the horses so much and a few other things that have gone on this week have really made me realise how much of an anchor that little pony is for me, aw I love him! 
Hope everyone is doing fab! Beth, Sparkie, Carling & Jack :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment