Saturday 2 February 2013

sometimes my pony is rather good..

hello all! ( by all, I mean both of my two followers, awks.) So, in the last couple of days I have actually managed to do the impossible..I RODE GUYS. As in, I rode, guys, just to clear that up, oops. That really sounded a lot better in my head...
 So yes, I rode Sparkie for the first time in 3 weeks and I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised! On Thursday, we just did some schooling(in jumping gear, as me and my Dad came to the conclusion that the 'brakes bridle' may be needed after 3 weeks of nothingness!) 
He was fab! Schooled really nicely, in our standards anyway, lots of nice transitions and coming back to me, which is always a good thing with Mr Tank Pony. Also did a bit of neck reining, ready for tackless riding and he seemed to pick it up quite quickly, clever boy! 
Then today I gave him a little jump, did a lot of work on transitions before and after the fence and lots of canter to rein back etc to get him listening and he was honestly so,so good, love it when he goes like today! He felt amazing, eeek! Popped everything no problemo, until I stuck it up a hole and then boooooom, brakes on..but hey, that's just Sparkie, anything over 2ft6, he doesn't want to know and he was so good other than that I had to let him off and just popped him over a cross pole to finish..silly no confidence pony, you can jumped 1m20 you fool, hehe..He then saw something very, very scary, as in hyperventilating worthy scary and I suddenly found myself at the other end of the drive, holding on to the rains, wondering how I got there with a snorting, shaking pony at the other end..oh Sparks. Bless him, hope he carries on like this..now just to decided what to do with him this year, sigh...any ideas? ;)
Beth, Sparkie, Jack & Carling! xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment