Thursday 7 March 2013

because tack is over rated..

hello peoples! so today I completed one of my life time goals..I rode Sparkie tackless! Not the first time I've ever done it I'll admit it, but it's the first time I've managed to get pictures and    we haven't done it in ages, so yay :) It's been something I've been working on for a few weeks and it hasn't really gone exactly to plan... he understands neck reining and listening to your seat really well, however he has a bit of a habit of climbing out the arena or running through the fence, so it's not really practical to try it in the outdoor as I honestly wouldn't put it past him to jump the fence with me or something crazy! so today we tried in the indoor and even though we didn't exactly have maximum control he went really nicely..better than he does with tack!? I will never understand this pony eh...
Also, we went for our first hack of the year on Saturday which was...interesting to say the least. He's not the best pony to hack and our first time out in a while is always a bit of a hairy experience..to sum it up, we got lost, ended up staying out for 6 hours and I had to get off three times! The first time was when he had a fit down a little country road, spining round, napping and threatening to rear for what seemed like no apparent reason, but when I got off and lead him, it turned out there were pigs round the corner so I'll let him off! The second time however, was the same shannigans, but over a pile of mud this time..not quite as forgivable there sparks! And then the third time was simply because his saddle slipped back, haha, oh I do love having a small pony! 
Goodbye for now mon amies! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment