Tuesday 18 March 2014

Pretending to be eventers

So on Saturday we took Sunny & Sparkie to Somerford Park (try saying that fast) for some cross country schooling. Both ponies were just fab from start to finish really, I cannot fault their behaviour at all. They both loaded lovely, had perfect manners on the ground and were just all round good representatives/ambassadors for Team Ginger. Last time I took Sparkie xc was at Eland Lodge. He was so good that day, but it was clear he lacked a lot of confidence with steps and drops and jumping in and out of water. Well he was like a completely different pony, I think he believed he was a 5 star eventer! He jumped in, out, up, down, just everything, including some pretty huge drops. What a star he is! There were only a few jumps which he was hesitant about, but that was completely my fault for not sitting back and kicking on and holding him all the way to the jump; once I sort my confidence out we will be flying!













No comments:

Post a Comment