Saturday 7 June 2014

Birthdays & XC

Feel like I haven't blogged in a long time.. oops! Since I last blogged both Sparkie & Jack have had a birthday! Sparkie was 10 last Saturday and well... I fell off. The 2nd time I've come off Sparkie this year... excuse me!? In all fairness it has taken 6 years of dirty stops for him to get me off over a fence so it'd had been a long time coming haha. He's such a dishonest pony sometimes and he really did prove that to me cheeky moo! Other than giving me an unplanned dismount he was awesome, if a little bit crazy, bouncing down a one strid grid and making life rather difficult for himself... a stride would have been nice Sparks! Bless him, he's a funny one.




Then the day after Sparkie's birthday, I took Jack XC! He loaded great on the way there and was great to groom and tack up, probably the calmest he's even been out at a place. He was great to xc, I few mistakes here and there but I forget its only his second time, so taking that into account he was awesome, what a cool baby! He jumped a lot more fences without having to have a look this time and was a lot more confident and clearly was having an absolutely great time; it's so nice to see and feel that he really loves what he's doing! Unfortunately he then had to ruin his great behaviour by throwing a huge tantrum about getting on the trailer. Oh Jack. So we're going to take a step back and work on his loading again before I start to take him out again. Frustrating but he travelled and jumped great and we've got all the time in the world to work with him; he'll be worth it in the end!
could he be any happier?

ashdasSshkakA sexy








Team Ginger!

beautiful hoss

Then on Wednesday it was his 5th birthday... what!? Swear it only seems like yesterday that I met him as a 1yo so that's really really weird haha, it's been a pleasure to see the grown up horse he has grown into. Gave him a jump on his birthday which was fun, apart from the fact that he seemed half asleep and just stepped over everything... forever waiting for the day that he decides to put some effort in! Definitely need to do a chase me charlie with him one day soon and see what he's capable of! 


No comments:

Post a Comment