Tuesday 27 May 2014

2014 Goals revisited..

We're almost half way through the year (scary I know!) so I thought now would be a good time to take a look back on the goals I set myself at the start of the year, see how they're going and see if I have any more I want to add. It's crazy how much has changed, especially my attitude and confidence towards riding since I wrote these goals and I know that I definitely have a few more that I want to add, even if I don't necessarily complete them by the end of the year; more long term goals for the next couple of years I guess!
*to have Jack working in a consistent outline in at least walk and trot. Well I think this was a slightly ambitious goal to start with! I do feel like I had made a bit of a break through with his flatwork and we were starting to get the hang of it but unfortunately he had a couple of weeks off when he went lame and that has set us back to square one, so this is definitely a work in progress still.
*to improve Sparkies flatwork slightly.   Going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and cross this one out purely because of the use of 'slightly' because I feel I can say it has slightly improved! Still a long, long way off from being anything decent but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel after a long 6 years and he is definitely giving me more to work with nowadays.

*to jump a course on Jack No problemo! Both at home and at a show.

*to jump 85cm/2ft9 on Jack  We first completed this goal in February where we jumped 2ft9 for the first time! Expected that to be the highest we'd jump for a while..apparently not because since then he's gone on to jump 1m5 since fences and 1m courses! 



*gallop bareback on either horses  Did this in February on Sparkie. I was terrified. But I did it. Sooo.. (we'll not mention the fact that I tried to gallop Jack bareback but all he could master was a collected canter.)
*gallop Sparkie on the beach definitely want to do this by the end of the year!
*improve Jacks loading  I am a little bit apprehensive to cross this one off... I don't want to jinx myself, but fingers crossed we seem to have cracked this one!

So after that little review, that leaves me with two goals to carry forward.. so here is my new revised goal list for 2o14-2015!
*to have Jack working in a consistent outline in at least walk and trot.
*to gallop Sparkie on the beach
*to jump Sparkie 1m15
*to jump Jack 1m10
*to take Jack to a fun ride
*to do an ODE on Sparkie

No comments:

Post a Comment