Wednesday 14 May 2014

Lottie got a pony and Jack got a rosette

Well what an exciting weekend we had! On Saturday we welcomed a new member to Team Ginger as Lottie got her beautiful new horse, Mr Johnathon! He is a 15hh, 5yo, welsh D who is very orange and we're all a little bit in love with him already, he's a great little guy with a big future ahead of him, seriously cool little horse. So excited to see the future of these two! 



how beautiful is he!?

Then on Sunday, Jack went to a show, eeeh! I honestly did not know what to expect from him, he's only been to three shows in the past and basically, the first one he reared over the bar and had a bad accident, the second one he lay down in the middle of the show ground and reared in everyone's face and the third one he tried to gallop off across the show ground because he saw his nunmah. So. Not the best track record. It was also his first time being ridden in an actual class and jumping a full course of show jumps. His behaviour outside the ring was far from ideal, he did still try to lie down and wouldn't settle but nothing dangerous and nothing that can't be coped with and I think he far from made up from that with the way he behaved in the ring. He took it all in his stride and cantering beautifully around the whole course like he'd been doing it his whole life, fillers, spreads, planks everything, what a complete and utter little legend he is! I honestly could not have asked for a better performance from him, I cannot for the life of me believe that this is my little baby horse; I can still remember being just as proud the first day I ever sat on him! We got a 1st in the 1ft6 and 3rd in the 2ft3 as he had a pole in the first round purely because he was not concentrating at all with the size of the jumps, I think we'll be moving up classes sooner than I expected because apparently 2ft3 is beneath him. His jump off was absolutely on point, he's not the fastest horse and I wasn't sure how he'd cope with the turns as I'm so used to riding a pony round a jump off I felt I might have been being a little over ambitious with what I had in my head but he flew round no problem and actually had the fastest round in the jump off so would have won if he didn't have 4 in the first round! What a freaking super star! He also loaded pretty well both there and back, still took about 15 minutes but I'll take that and he's definitely getting better with it. This horse is going to kick some serious ass one day and I cannot wait.
    




No comments:

Post a Comment