Sunday 18 May 2014

Sunshine & XC

What lovely weather we have this week!? Wednesday we gave Sunny & Sparkie a jump in practice for their hunter trials on Saturday (more on this later!) and they were both so so good! Sunny was so much better with his canter in between fences and you could really see the difference just one session of gridwork had made to his technique so hopefully we can keep on improving this over the summer! Sparkie was awesome as per, he was testing me a little bit and was very keen, but he flew and settled lovely in the end, jumped a 90cm-1m5 course which is the biggest course he's done for a long time, so nice to feel his confidence for bigger fences is back! 








Then Wednesday afternoon we went to go and play ponies with Lottie & John. He has settled down SO much already, he clearly loves his new home, what a cracking little guy he is. The improvement in him already is unreal, think Lottie has got herself a really good little horse and they seem so perfect together :)



Then on Saturday, the original plan was to go to the hunter trials, but sadly this got cancelled. However, I am not one to miss a weekend (when did this happen!? when did I become someone who competes every weekend? I'm not sure, but I bloody love it!) so we went down to Ashwood again but this time with Sparkie and Sunny instead of Sparkie and Jack. Feels like such a long time since I've took Sparks xc as I wasn't riding him last time and he was a star as always (seriously running out of things to write about this pony haha!) He did at one point deposit me nicely in a nettle bush but I shall forgive him for that because he's fricking awesome, he is an absolute pleasure to ride, don't think I'll ever find one quite like him (I feel like I probably say the same about Jack, I just love them both a lot ok.) 















No comments:

Post a Comment