Monday 5 May 2014

Flying pony, birthday balloons, secret missions & first place

This is going to be a long one so be prepared! (bet you've heard that one before lul) I have three separate days to blog about so please bare with. Thursday I jumped Sparkie after his cheeky behaviour at Ashwood. Well I think he proved that he was definitely just taking the Michael because he was perfect, he felt so so good to jump, one of the best jumping sessions I've had on him!! Finished off jumping a small course of about 90cm/1m which he flew round with ease and also had a play bareback which was fun... Until he takes a stride out and I have to cling on! Emma had a play with him too and jumped him round a 80cm course really nicely! Was very very happy with him :) 






Saturday was a very exciting day apart from the fact that I was awake for 19 hours (!!!). We were up at half six and ready to leave the house at half 7 to go somewhere very secret which I can't reveal just yet to do something rather exciting. After that we went up to the yard with purple balloons in hand ready for Sunny's birthday! We decided to have a play at grid work so I set up a short grid of a bounce and then one stride to a straight. He's never done grid work before and he took it all his stride, he got a little bit confused with legs sometimes but it was nice to see from the ground how much he was benefiting from it; once he got the hang of it his technique over fences looked loads better, he was really snapping his feet up! Just needs to stretch out a bit more over fences now and jump though his shoulder properly but he improves every session and he always tries super hard. He was clearly having a great time as well; think grid work is his new favourite! (No, that would still be standing still.) 







Then yesterday it was show time! Sparkie was feeling rather cheeky and put me to the test a little bit, he was a bit nappy towards the gate but nothing horrendous; lucky he's fast enough to still get an amazing time anyway haha! He jumped fab, a little bit lazy because the jumps were a bit small for him, apparently 2ft6 is not up to his high standards nowadays, he gets a bit cocky sometimes and doesn't pay as much attention as I would like. He was really good though and we won the 2ft6 out of 11 people! He looked so funny, a full line up of 16.2hhs and then 13.3hh Sparkie on the end, awesome little pony! One of the best weekends I've had in a long time; I love my life :)






No comments:

Post a Comment