Sunday 11 August 2013

one of those days full of ginger ponies

Aka, last Wednesday. Me & Emma went up my yard first to have a play with Sparkie. The plan was that I'm slowly going to start putting the jumps up a bit more to start pushing him a little now he's getting his confidence back, just to see what he says! He's happily jumped up to 1m20 before, but not for a good couple of years so I'm hoping maybe one day he'll jump that height again...who knows!? We set up a two stride double (here that Sparkie, TWO STRIDES!!) a skinny and just a simple skinny fence. He jumped amazing! He was such a beast, jumped everything with about a foot to spare, he definately rose to the challenge, haha and jumped everything from at least a stride away...he's so crazy and super confident right now! He did have a few stops, but I was expecting it as it's the first time he's started to jump big again and he came straight back round to jump it again which is not like him at all(he used to refuse to ever go over a cross pole after he'd had a stop/run out) so I can't complain. At one point he actually overjumped so much I grazed my chin on his hogged mane... pony has scope! He also did the two stride double as a bounce with Emma...he's so funny, oh Sparkie. Finished off jumping about 90cm/1m...good pony!





After we'd recovered from Sparkie sending us into orbit, we then went and schooled Sunny! He was also a very good boy and schooled well in walk, trot, canter...and gallop ;) His gallop is adorable, he has such good breaks, better than any 5yo I've ever rode before! I also must apologise for the state of my riding Sundance, I did try my hardest, haha.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment