Friday 9 August 2013

I really love my pony!

This blog is a bit late as per, sorry guys! And I have another day to blog about as well, oopsies, but I shall tell you about that another day... don't want to weigh you down with too much reading eh? So, last Sunday, I went to a show with Emma & Sunny! It doesn't sound like a big deal really, but a) it was Sunny's first time travelling since he fell out with the trailer, b) it would be Sunny's first jumping show and c) it was Sparkie's first show in a year. Last September I made the decision to stop taking Sparkie to shows as we both completely hated it and it got to the point where we weren't able to even make it over the first jump- we got 16 faults one time! So for me, it was a pretty big thing that I'd decided to take him out again, but he's been so happy recently I decided to just go for it.
 Me and my mum got to the yard about half seven, where we got everything ready and then loaded Sparkie. He was a bit of a poo brain to load, but it turned out I was loading him on the wrong side.. he will only travel on his side, such a diva! Then we went to pick Sunny up.. he was a little bit hesitant at first, but then I shook a bag of treats and he almost ran on! Sparkie stood lovely and still for him to get on, he's such a good influence when it comes to travelling...I think he may even have liked Sunny. Maybe.
 After we'd warmed up, we did a clear round...we decided to be awkward and asked for them to put all the jumps down to cross poles haha! I don't think we were very popular lol. Sparkie was so, so good..in my head, the plan was to trot him round, if he stopped at any of the jumps, to come round again and just get him over them all no matter what, but I knew as soon as we'd cleared the first fence that I didn't need to worry, because he jumped round lovely and really enjoyed himself!! I was so, so happy, I never ever imagined that I'd jump a course at a show with him again! Sunny was also amazing, especially for his first ever course, such a good boy, he trys so hard and also really enjoyed himself.
 
 
 
 We were then very brave and with a bit of persuasion decided to go for it and enter a class...eeep! Sunny was really good again, I was so proud of him and Emma, he's such a lovely boy, you would not have thought that was his biggest jumps and first double...best 5yo ever! I didn't know what to expect from Sparkie at all, as it was only a small class and usually he takes the pee around smaller courses, plus it's been just under two years since we've managed to not get eliminated, haha, but he was AMAZING! I was so, so proud of him, he flew for me! I knew his jump off had been very fast (32 seconds) but I didn't dare hope we'd placed anywhere and anyway I was happy enough just for the fact that we'd been to a show and enjoyed it and he'd behaved and aaaah everything, but then they announced the placings and it turned out we'd only gone and won! I actually shouted "What? No?" when they said it, haha, I was so shocked! I could not of been happier or prouder of him that day. And, to top it all off, it was our five year anniversairy that day..what a way to celebrate it :) I think he really highlighted to me how much he's come on in all those years that day, he's so more settled and matured finally now, it makes me so happy to see..love my little ginge! He's the bestest :)
 
 
Beth, Sparkie, Jack & Carling :) xxx

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me smile so much I almost want to cry :)

    ReplyDelete