Saturday 31 August 2013

The first of many 'Scope Blogs'

I have been SO busy this past week, I haven't had time to update my blog as and when things are happening, so therefore I've decided to do a series of Scope Blogs to catch you all up! So, to start with I have two days to write about in this blog. The first ginger day actually happened last Thursday, the day before scope. I ordered Jack a new bit to have a play with (magic snaffle) as he wasn't 100% happy with his old one and so on Thursday me and Emma schooled him in it....so happy with how he went,  felt a lot happier with that bit and wasn't messing around with it or getting his tongue over it. He went really nicely for both of us :) afterwards we went up to Emma's to jump Sundance....Well. He was....interesting?  He definitely wasn't being easy,  but his actual jumping has improved loads, especially his striding, just need to work on his get away from fences! I feel like I rode him better than last time I jumped him anyway,  haha. He did redeem himself slightly by then going and being a lead hack horse for a newly backed baby,  well done Sunny the trekking pony ;) 





 The next day I want to quickly write about is Sunday,  where I took Sparkie to his second show of the year. He warmed up really well and then did a couple of clear rounds. I decided to take him in the 2ft3 class non competitively because up until then the biggest course he'd done this year at the only other show was only 2ft, so going straight in at the 2ft6 which is the only class we're allowed to do would have been a bit of a big ask for both of us. He was being so good,  jumping lovely and then he suddenly slammed on the breaks at the double, naughty pony!  Not sure why,  but he came straight back over it and jumped the rest of the course fine :) Then we did the 2ft6 class.  Jumped a lovely clear in the first round,  backed off the double again slightly,  but a good old fashioned pony club kick and growl sorted him out! He was sooooo fast! His jump off was amazing,  if a little bit too fast,  but unfortunately he ran out at the double (really wasn't liking that double! ) so we just got four faults putting us in 3rd otherwise he would have won. ..aah well,  still super pleased with him :) I then hacked him home from the show to meet my mum at the house where she waited with the trailer and we turned him out in the garden for a bit. ..he loved it and did a good spot of weeding,  haha,  crazy pony,  he's a legend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment