Sunday 1 September 2013

Scope Blog 2- lots of hacking!

Monday of scope week was a very busy day- we managed to exercise 5 horses! First of was a group hack at Emma's with Sunny, Trevor and Lysie. Now Trevor lives with Sunny and he hasn't been ridden for quite a while and so you would expect him to be a bit naughty right!? Not Trevor! I would say he's a cute little horse, but well, he's a bit of a tank, not little.. he's kind of square, I was very surprised my legs managed to get round him tbh, bless him. We had such a fun hack, all the horses were so well behaved, I think they enjoyed their hack as much as we did, especially Sundance who was rather amazed at the fact he had not one, but two friends to hack with. Had so much fun riding Trevor, he's awesome! When we got back, me and Emma both had a sit on Lysie, which was pretty funny, she's adorable (and apperantely the correct size of pony for me, awks)




We then went up to my yard and went on yet another hack! Emma took Carling, which was nice for him, as he doesn't get to go out very often (it was only his third time being ridden since we moved, haha) and I took Jack. They were both so good, I was so pleased with how Jack behaved, his hacking has come on loads, his confidence is slowly growing and I think Carling is a really good influence on him, as he just takes everything in his stride.

 
Emma had not got paid yet that day, so we only did a bit of window shopping and made a note of a few things we'd like (I brought Jack a breatplate so he now looks like a proper growed up horse, eep!) and then we watched the indoor jumping for a bit. A very busy, very productive day! (We also managed to get all the poo picking done...think we deserve an award tbh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment