Wednesday 4 September 2013

Scope Blog 4- Completing my Summer Aim!

On the Wednesday, we went up to Eland Lodge (Me & Sparkie, Emma & Sundance). You might remember (I'm writing this as if people actually read my blog, el oh el) that we had planned to go up to Eland before but it got rained off :( It was my one aim for the summer to take Sparkie up there so I was really determined to go and it was such a good day! Sunny was, well, a 5yo, I think Emma did so well with him, I would have been on the floor so many times! He really enjoyed himself though and his jumping has come on so much, it's clear he has so much potential, he just needs to settle down :) Sparkie was probably the best he's ever been xc schooling, he jumped some fences I never thought he'd go over! He got really quite upset over a few steps up and down with a ditch underneath, but I'm really ok with that because he's never seen anything like that before and he was honestly really confused and probably felt a little bit overfaced, and he jumped down and up them eventually.. some of the fences he jumped were actually on the BE100 course, which is pretty amazing when you consider he's only 13.3hh, he's such a fantastic little pony, I'm so lucky to have him! I think the thing I was most proud of him was that he didn't try to take off with me or bolt like he usually does xc (he got a bit nappy and tried to pee off with me about the ditches, but that was from actualy fear, not just "bye, we're off for a gallop now and I will deposit you in a hedge on the way) and I felt in control of him at all times... seriously considering doing a few hunter trials with him next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment