Wednesday 12 June 2013

poorly Jack!

Today it rained. That didn't put me off though, me & Dad trooped off up the yard. After we mucked out I brought Sparkie in, gave him a quick groom and then lunged him which he thought was super fun..
he seems to think it's appropriate to canter off and take himself over jumps off his own accord...he does make laugh! Jack's turn next...he didn't want to come in so I had to chase him for a good few minutes first, little bugger! I thought he looked a little bit stiff, but I'm always really paranoid anyway so I didn't think much more of it. Brought him and groomed him, had a bit of a paddy over being sprayed but I can leave him tied up now and all four feet are remaining on the ground so definitely seeing an improvement. He also stood lovely and still while I put his new brushing boots on :) He lunged lovely on his right rein but then when I asked him for canter on the other rein he started broncing and rearing which is really unlike him...at first I thought it was because of the boots or because he's it's his bad rein, but he was being perfect the other way so I asked my Dad if he thought he was carrying his leg and it wasn't just me being paranoid but he noticed it's too so I gave him a pat and walked him off before trotting him up and he definitely didn't look 100% right...happy that we spotted it quickly though and considered everything rather than just putting it down to naughtiness straight away! Going to let him rest for a few days and see how he is, hopefully he will very back to normal soon :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment