Monday 10 June 2013

The day we equally shared our chicken nuggets

I really could not think of an appropriate title..I'm sorry. So yesterday was my last 'day off' if you like, where I had no school work to do, so I made the most of it and went to visit my old yard with one of my friends Maddie to see her horses Topper & Splodge. First Maddie rode Topper and he was super for her, so lovely to see him going so nicely as she's really worked hard with him and he's been a bit of a monkey in the past. I've known him since the first day she brought him as a 3yo, so it's been nice to see him grow up :) He's so much better now! Then I rode him...it's been about 6 months since I last rode him probably and he has come on loads, he used to be quite difficult to get into canter and nap a lot, but he went straight away when I asked on both reins and came straight back down and he didn't nap once! Yay!
We then went up to my yard and I rode Jack, who was a bit speedy and not listening to me all the time, but it's ok, he's allowed to have his moments and he did settle down and do some nice work for a few minutes now and then. His canter was brilliant anyway, can't believe how much better he's getting! Even took him for a canter in the longer grass round the whole field and he came straight back to me and didn't try to take a hold and speed up- good ginger! Just wish his trot was the same now, hmmph :( Maddie said she was impressed by how much he'd come on since she last saw him (bearing in mind the last time she was Jack he was waving his legs in her face and then proceeded to lie down on the floor, so I'm not sure this counts) which is nice and that he looks really well! Then Emma came up and we went to McDonalds and we shared chicken nuggets..or basically me & Emma ate them all and Maddie watched and occasionally ate a chip, but that's ok, we just like food. 

Beth, Sparkie, Jack & Carling :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment