Friday 13 December 2013

5 Day Challenge Day 4

16. One thing you'd like to change about your horse
I'm only allowed to choose one thing!?:( I have a whole bloomin' list! I would make Sparkie not allergic to himself and make Jack good to load.
17. Your horse's future
To be honest, I don't really have any plans for Sparkie's future because he's such an awkward schizophrenic child there's no point me planning ahead because he could go back to square one in a matter of days. As long as he's happy and as healthy as his stupid immune system will allow him to be, then we'll just tootle along and try to have fun. I'd like to take him to a few outings here and there such as shows and xc just to keep him ticking over and if he ever gets back to being as good a competition pony as he was that would be brilliant, but I'm counting on that or pressuring him to get there.. we'll see whatever life throws at us.
As for Jack, well he doesn't get off quite so lightly I'm afraid Mr J... I haven't got any definite plans as of yet, because he seems to change his mind daily on what he wishes to be... Ideally I'd love to BS him in the future but I don't think he's quite strong enough to do pure SJ, so hopefully I can BE him. Obviously this is very far down the line, but from day one I brought him with the intention of him being my next competition horse so I'd be pretty upset if all he amounted to was a happy hacker, lol, I'm very competitive and I've always wanted to affiliate..no pressure Jack ;) I feel like with the potential I know he's got (even if it's hidden) he could pretty much give anything ago so I just want him to be a nice safe all rounder to have fun on and compete :) If he does just end up being a happy hacker... well, I could never not love that overgrown pony. I know for certain that neither of them will be going anywhere any time soon!

 18. Your worst show ever
Wow, you want me to just pick one!? This question is impossible lol, please let me introduce you to Sparkie the dick face... the show where we got eliminated in every single class and 16 faults was probably not the highlight of his jumping career if I had to pick. Also the show where Jack jumped over the bloody breast bar, almost broke his leg and I had a panic attack, that was also not a fave show of mine. Aaah 2012. How I hated you.
19. Favourite horse show venue
Umm, probably Rodbaston that I've competed at.
 20. Your show day routine
Wake up, don't eat breakfast, forget to breath, do all the mundane tasks of getting ready, go to yard, catch my horse, find it is lay down in the muddiest part of the field, feel frustrated, clean horse, get tack ready, find horse has broke lead rope, chase horse down road, try to politely ask horse to load onto trailer, try to bribe horse onto trailer with treat, chase horse onto trailer with cattle prod, set off, forget to check electrics, stop, check electrics, start again, get to show, find horse is layed down in trailer, remove horse via jockey door, go book in for class, feel sick, cry, go into class, kick everyone's sorry ass (looool jk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment