Friday 27 December 2013

It's Christmasssssssssssssssssssssss!

Merry Christmas! On Christmas Eve me and Emma went up and played Chase me Charlie with Jack & Sunny..in onesies (please don't try to be as cool as us, you'll only disappoint yourself.) Well when we set off to start our ride the weather was lovely and it was all going fab until we got attacked by some crazy gale force winds, the weather was horrendous! Jack got a little bit upset and had a 5 minute tantrum but given how terrible it actually was he could have been so much worse, they were both very very good for their age, they could easily have freaked out and put us on the floor so many times! They both settled down and jumped really well up to 2ft6 which is the biggest both of them have jumped..maybe when the weather is better we'll go higher, but it was honestly awful and they made us so proud with how grown up they were! Just as we finished, a mahooooosive gust of wind came over and spooked them both which was great as Emma had no stirrups and I had no reins from holding my camera, they both turned and bolted but they came back so quickly and we were both laughing about it... think we must trust our youngsters a little bit too much sometimes!



I had a good Christmas and got such lovely presents off everyone- my mum and dad got me a red and blue custom made racesafe which is so, so lovely! I had a little ride in it bareback with my little Sparks on Christmas day which was cute :) The ponies all had a specially made Christmas dinner too!
Then on Boxing Day me and my Dad went for a little hack with Sparkie. He was really good, we went down one path where three horses galloped up and down next to us the whole way down but he wasn't bothered at all. We find what I thought was a little ditch, but actually turned out to be a huge wall with a ditch in front of it to jump and he had a good run in one of the fields (stopping was a slight issue, but we did stop eventually!)


 

1 comment:

  1. You full on look like you're doing XC in those hacking photos!

    ReplyDelete