Tuesday 10 December 2013

Christmas Miracle X 3

Over due blog Number 3. Don't say I never give you anything.
So on Saturday my ponies said goodbye to their field and went on a venture to their new home! Jack was very reluctant to leave all this behind/is a knob/needs to sort his life out and took about 20 minutes to get on the trailer, but he travelled well AND Sparkie was in the trailer with him which is a super big achievement as last time that happened he decided to try to hang himself off the breast bar.... Jack, Jack, Jack. They now live at the same yard as Sundance, so all of Team Ginger finally lives together which is the most fabulous thing ever! They had a little bit of a run around for a five minutes, during which Jack tried to seriously maim Sunny quite a few times and then they all settled down and grazed together :)

(when the fudge did my little baby get to so flipping huge :( )
Then on Monday the impossible happened...Sunny was clipped! Last time we tried to make this happen, it just, didn't. Or it did, after 3 days and lots of swear words and 7 hours of chasing him around the yard. Well, he must have suddenly become a new horse because Emma full clipped by herself and he was so relaxed he actually went to slept... WUT?
I would also like to point out that whilst Sunny was being clipped, I brought Sparkie out the field too which meant Jack was turned out by himself. I realise this doesn't sound like a big deal, but he has always suffered from extreme separation anxiety, to the point that if Sparkie left the field to just stand on the other side of gate still in his sight, he would gallop around the field, trying to climb the fence and size up all the fences to try to jump it. Once I took Sparkie out for a two hour hack and left Jack alone and he did this for the whole two hours and did not relax until a good half an hour after Sparkie returned. Or on other occasions, if I put him in with Carling for the day and then put him back in his own field for Sparkie he would do the same or sometimes even if he with Sparkie but I left to go home he'd completely freak out. Well on Monday, he stood at the gate for a while just watching but not making a fuss and then after about 20 minutes I went to check on him and he'd just gone off and was grazing by himself! For me, seeing him grazing happily by himself could actually be one of the proudest moments I've ever had with him because never in a million years did I ever see him getting over his issues, may have had a little cry over it (I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS OK)
We also took Sparkie for a little jump that day. He was a good boy, definitely challenged me a bit though, he wasn't being the easiest Sparkie! Had a few stops here and there, but he jumped everything second time round after I got behind him and growled at him a bit, which confirms to me that his confidence is clearly not the problem anymore it's just him, in my mother's word, 'being a tit'. I almost feel like he's starting to come full circle and is back at the stage he was during 2010/2011 where he was stupidly over confident/a cocky little bugger and feels that anything below 2ft6 is not worth his time of day or respect- as soon as we put the jump up to a decent size (a lot bigger than I expected lol) he suddenly decided that maybe breaks and striding and my opinion were relatively valid. He was a very good, very cute boy though and he hacked out lovely and confident, not fazed by much! I do love that pony very much so.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment