Tuesday 10 December 2013

Five Day Challenge

(and this one isn't even over due :o)

1) Most influential person on your riding.  Gaaaaah isn't this a tough one!? Probably my Dad, because, as stupid as this sounds, if I ever needed advice on anything or I wanted a lesson, that's who I'd go to! He's never rode a horse in his lesson or really got involved with them, but he has always helped me out and came to every single one of my lessons and he must have learnt something at some point haha... changing Sparkie's bit, warming up by doing lots of transitions including rein back, giving him a break from competing, teaching Jack to canter on the right leg- these have all been down to my Dad! But then if I'm doing something wrong, or he thinks something's a bad idea (for example I suggested I might take Jack jumping few weeks ago) he'll tell me completely straight what he thinks and I need that sometimes. If I'm nervous at a show or worrying about something, he won't try to make me feel better, he'll just tell me to man up and tell me what to do better next time haha.

 

2) Piece of tack you'd love to splurge on.
Ooh... would love to get them both a micklem bridle, because then I could officially compete bitless! Also, JER stirrups are all kinds of beautiful..who doesn't want stirrups with their names on!? Also, two pessoa jump saddles please...

3) Top 5 riding playlist
 I don't really listen to music when I ride, but when I do it'll just be whatever I usually listen to so Jake Bugg, Arctic Monkeys, Miles Kane, Oasis, Johnny Cash, The Family Rain, Kings of Leon, Biffy Clyro, Imagine Dragons, Bastille... and so forth



4) Most important aspect of your barn.
Team Ginger live there.

5) Three winter riding goals. 
bleh goals. I don't do well with goals, because if I set goals and I then don't achieve them I will then hate myself for a good few weeks and contemplate the meaning of life (I don't understand my brain either).

No comments:

Post a Comment