Thursday 19 December 2013

We did some shows

Had a super busy weekend! On Sunday me and Emma went to a Christmas Show with Sparkie, Sunny & Lysie in tow. First of all, we totally kicked ass in the fancy dress, no one else even came near us, so a big thank you to my mother for her hard work there, we all looked pretty darn awesome.

The fancy dress class was only 1ft6 so therefore Sparkie was a bit of a crazy pony (he has no respect for smaller ponies!) and how I managed to actually remain on him and in relative control and get round clear I am slightly unaware! We came come with a 1st for the class & Sunny & Lysie got a 1st for their fancy dress- wins for Team Ginger all round!

Then when I got back I rode Jack for the first time since he moved house...now I was fully allowing for any naughty behaviour, a buck or rear would have been acceptable. If anything, he was boring haha! He was such a good boy, he schooled lovely, stood nicely to be tacked up, groomed, sprayed etc... what a fab baby :) On Monday we took Sparkie & Jack for a hack, me on Jack, Emma on Sparkie- they were both such good boys! Jack has only been on a handful of hacks in his life so again I was a bit lenient with any naughty behaviour- he had a few baby tantrums but nothing too worry about. He was even a super brave boy and managed to walk through some pretty huge puddles which he genuinely hates! He led most of the way and walked through open fields as if it was the most casual thing in the world... he makes me very proud sometime!
Then yesterday I took Sparkie to another show (poor pony eh! lol I lie.) The weather was absolutely vile, gale force winds, pitch black, pissing it down... and he was an absolute super star, I honestly cannot fault him. He was just so polite, well mannered and an absolute tank. In fact me and my mum just kept turning to each other and randomly saying things like "he's the best" or "he's honestly an angel" because he was so good! He just stood there in the dark and the wind not even tied up letting us polo wrap him and tinsel him up, he loaded straight on the trailer there and back (he actually ran up the ramp on the way there!) and he jumped fantastic, he was so honest with some of the turns I stuck on him and we won our class by 2 seconds! Very nearly did cry haha. We also did the pairs which all went tits up because I wasn't told I was entered until I actually got called into the ring and I didn't know the course and was in a flap because I had no idea what was going on, haha, so he had a stop and a run out, but it was genuinely because my riding was shite and I had no idea where I was pointing him, sorry Sparks! Still managed to come 6th though... I was super proud of him, he was honestly hoof perfect :) Definitely think giving him a break from showing has done him the world of good- he's only been to 5 shows this year and has come home with 3 1sts, a 3rd, a chocolate cake, a box of chocaltes, midarc qualifications and a voucher for a free jumping class. Honestly couldn't ask for a better pony, even if he does have his moments, he's worth it for when he shines through.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment